Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Baking Day

We have spent a lot of time in the kitchen lately! And, I have pictures to prove it! First is our Sunflower Cake. I have seen this cake in several publications, but most recently in our grocery store monthly newsletter. The flower "petals" are yellow Peeps and the center is chocolate chips - very quick, easy, and so delicious! The older guys really enjoyed this - but I guess they just couldn't smile for the camera - the little men are super happy though!
It turned out pretty cute!

Monday morning Kirk asked me to try this cinnamon roll recipe. They rose beautifully:
Smelled sooo good while baking:
and tasted wonderful!!!
This is definitely a recipe worth trying! I set a few aside for Dad and he agreed with the rest of us that this is absolutely the best cinnamon roll recipe we have ever tried. The only thing we would do differently would be to make some icing for these - maybe even cream cheese icing - YUM! We were out of powdered sugar so no icing this time!
Please let me know if you try this recipe. I'd love to know how it turns out for you!

2 comments:

mimi said...

I don't recall you sharing them with your friends and neighbors. Would have been nice. God likes sharing. It all looks good though
love, m

Renee' said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, there is nothing like Fresh Homemade cinnamon rolls :)
Those look Great