Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sharing Pictures

Today, I want to let you know about a few changes you may see on my blog. Maggie and I are applying to be designers for a few different craft blogs, so you may be seeing card challenges posted or other craft projects we are[ trying. In addition, I hope to be doing some reviews of homeschool products. I plan to continue blogging about our life, or whatever I feel like sharing! These pictures are of cards Maggie and I created. The bird one was for my Sister in Law's birthday in February and the thank you card was for a card challenge and will be used later this year.

I have been looking back at lots of pictures lately and found a few I really want to share. The ones I am posting today are from Christmas 2009. I hope you enjoy them!
The picture to the left is of Fastest Runner building a bat house for his Mimi. This was his Christmas gift to her and he was very proud of it! In the picture to the right, you can see he and Dad are gluing the wood before screwing it in. There is screen material wrapped around the wood for the bats to cling to.

This picture is of two of my nieces preparing for a photo shoot. This was one of the neatest Christmas gifts ever! Riley dressed up my children and her little sister, Daphne, as various Bible characters and photographed them for a gift for Papa and Mimi. She included a nativity scene, David and Goliath, and Joseph's brothers throwing him into the pit. It is a very special, one of a kind memory! One the left Riley is dressing Daphne as an angel for the nativity scene and on the left, she is getting "David" ready to throw a stone at Goliath!


Here are some of Dad's Christmas presents. FRitW and MT each gave him a set of Lego's to build and Maggie made him some delicious Eggnog Fudge cut out in a sweet message.


3 comments:

Jill said...

love the cards!

Show Love-Make Cards said...

Hello! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Good luck on trying out for the design teams! That's exciting! Your cards are really cute and I can tell made with love. I especially like the colors in the thank you card! I've got my fingers crossed for you!

mimi said...

About the Christmas gifts for Papa and me, we have the bat house up and waiting for occupants. It can up to 2 years for the first bats to move in. Don't know if I can wait that long! Thanks, FRitW. I appreciate his helpers too. Maggie made me a bluebird house and a bluebird moved in the first week we put it up, after a fight with 2 other bluebirds over who would be the first occupant. Then, the pictures Riley took of the other grandchildren were so cute. Papa and I really loved all those gifts, so personal and home made - just like we like them.
love, mimi