Thursday, April 8, 2010

Card Challenge!

I am trying to choose just a couple of card challenges each week to focus on as I learn new card making skills and one is Tuesday Morning Sketches. I wasn't able to complete a sketch last week, so I made up for it yesterday!

Here is the sketch for this week:

I bought a new stamp set last week from Papertrey Ink and really wanted to use a sentiment from that set. The sentiment is "Wishing you butterfly mornings and wildflower afternoons". So my design actually started with the sentiment. I played with a number of color options, but since I am new to stamping, I have a very limited color palette of inks, so the card had to go with a color of ink I have! I ended up making three cards:
 
The pink and green card is made with Anna Griffin paper and Papertrey Ink cardstock. The flower stamps are from CTMH

The blue card uses Core'dinations Vintage and Papertrey Ink cardstocks and the tiny blue and yellow flowers and blue butterfly are all from the Papertrey Ink stamp set.

The orange card is Papertrey Ink and Core'dinations again, the same stamps as the blue card, but I used some ribbon I already had and yellow paper daisies.

Once I had created the cards, I decided I liked the color schemes enough to try this project that I found on the Mel Stampz blog

This are very sturdy (thanks to the Papertrey Ink cardstock!) and are designed to hold cards for gift giving. Maggie and I are also thinking of making a couple to put small stuffed animals in to give as gifts.


4 comments:

Genetta said...

Oh wow! Did you ever make up for it! These all are great!

Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Melissa Craig said...

Amazing! Your cards and holders are just fabulous!!

Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Angela said...

Wow, you really rocked this sketch! Your cards are lovely; thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Renee' said...

Oh Those are adorable :)