Saturday, April 10, 2010

Card Color Challenge!

My Pink Stamper has a color challenge this weekend. Create something using your Cricut and the colors: Pink, Green, and Black. I don't use much black so this was a stretch for me.  Here are two cards I created:
I used the Old West Cricut cartridge for both cards. I thought the pink tones made a nice sunset and the cactus and ground are made from Core'dinations cardstock. Maggie & I love this paper - it is so fun to sand it and tear it and see the color beneath! The shadows, rock, and all pink and black paper are by Papertrey Ink - love this cardstock too - it is firm and heavy, very nice to work with. Both papers cut beautifully with my Cricut.

Any time I make something pink, I think of my two "Princess" nieces. This card is specifically for Princess Daphne. I thought she would enjoy a pink horse, especially a sparkly one! the sentiment and all paper except the green is PTI again, the green is Core'dinations. I added green, pink, and white jewels for stars and Maggie glittered the card front, back, and inside with our homemade glitter mist! So, Daphne, be watching your mailbox for a card from Mags and me!

10 comments:

Nisson Family said...

I LOVE these cards. These are wonderful! I love the different tones of pink you used for the sunset and on the horse. Fab!!! Thanks for participating in the MPS Color Challenge!

Pam

liz said...

really pretty cards...so different than anything out there!
liz

My Creative Time said...

your cards are sooo pretty! Great job w/the challenge!
thanks for joining us @ MPS!
hugs,
Emma:)

Jo said...

This is such a unique take on the challenge. Great job! Thanks for joining us for the MPS challenge.

Jo xx

Renee' said...

Hello, I found your blog through Chilis blog :)
Love the cards...

Renee' said...

:) Thanks for Popping into my site.
Hmm Tx eh :) Coooooooooool where abouts? Im over by Bowie

Renee' said...

Isnt the tea cup craft cool :) I am gonna go out this weekend to thrift stores to see if I can find a few :)

Renee' said...

:) Ya need a chat box so i dont take up your entire blog ;)
Ok I googled Map your 3 hours 43 min from me, Hey we may have to meet up when schools out, I finish Homeschooling Jacob end of next month :)

mimi said...

I really like these cards - they're different from the ones you usually make. You wouldn't think those colors would make cards like that. Of course, a pink horse and cactus is not your everyday thing. I like them though. Looks like fun to make.

Bowie is around Texarkana, at least that's where Bowie County is, my old stomping grounds.

mimi said...

I didn't notice the first time that you have beads on the horse card. Makes it even cuter!