Friday, May 21, 2010

Graduation Gifts

I haven't put anything crafty on my blog in quite a while, but I have been busy behind the scenes!

My niece, Riley, had several friends graduate this month and wanted a simple, personal gift to give to them, so this is what we came up with!



(edited to add: these purses are based on a template from this blog. I really should have given her credit for coming up with the idea!)

Here is one put together:




The pen cap is beaded and the notebook is just a covered mini composition book, like this:


Here are some of the cards I made for graduation:




Finally, here is the card I made for my mom for graduation!
More craft stuff coming tomorrow! Then back to the exciting, or at least muddy, adventures of my family!



Photobucket

4 comments:

mimi said...

I got the card on the bottom and I really like it. It is more sparkly in person. You just can't get all the dazzle into the picture. I really loved it. For a late graduate, it was a special remembrance of something I never thought I would do.
love, mimi

Saved by Grace said...

How did you make the purse? That is soo cute and want to use it for a birthday gift/graduation gift.

Lorus! said...

Saved by Grace - I made the purse based on a template from http://melstampz.blogspot.com/2008/03/purse-templates-galore-little-handbag.html
I have changed it several times and I totally forgot to give her credit in this post!!! - She has some marvelous templates on her blog.

Inkyfingers said...

Gorgeous cards, and a wonderful purse.