Tuesday, May 4, 2010

'Toad'ally Tuesday!

FRitW has become a champion toad finder! Every year we find hibernating toads buried in the one of the kids play areas. After digging them out, we relocate them, but we always find more, or the same ones again - I'm not really sure. This year, FRitW has found 5 in the last week. 




MT, Mr. Rough and Tough himself, can be pretty squeamish about critters, but FRitW has to be watched so he doesn't pick up something dangerous!









Maggie is only squeamish when it comes to her Mom's nemesis, the spider - ugh! oh and snakes!, but note that she holds the toad in a very ladylike manner - very gently and carefully!











Photobucket

5 comments:

mimi said...

We gave a lot of those toads too. Great job FRiTW for doing such a good job finding them and to Maggie for holding it for the picture. Such a CUTE toad too!

love, mimi

debsc100 said...

Last year we saw one of these animals in their sandpit. I said "Look, guys, a frog!" Fastest Runner gave me a disgusted look and informed me that it was actually a toad. Excuuuuuuse me!!! FRitW, I'm sorry I'm such a lame aunt sometimes!

mimi said...

This is kind of to Deb. I thought when my kids were grown, they would quit giving me "that look", the one that tells you how stupid you are, but not only have they not stopped, but now the grandkids give me that same look. Don't you just hate it? Will there ever be a time when you know ANYTHING? Seems not....love you, Deb.
BTW, Lorus and kids, don't read what I just wrote to Deb. It was not for you.

debsc100 said...

Thanks, Mimi. I get that look a lot at my house. It's amazing how dumb I've become in four years. And Ha ha, FRitW!!! Mimi loves me even though I can't tell the difference between a frog and a toad!! But I know both words in Spanish. Does that impress you at all?

mimi said...

Bad thing about a kid who knows it all. Not much impresses them - even Spanish. But it's true. I do love Deb even if she's not sure if it's a frog or a toad. Think wet frog, dry toad. that helps.
love, mimi