Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Papertrey August Blog Hop Challenge


I am participating in the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop this month!

The challenge this month is Brown Paper Bags. "In honor of school going back into session everywhere, we thought it would be fun to issue a Brown Bag Challenge. We want to see what you can do to dress up, alter, change an ordinary brown lunch bag into a paper crafting work of art. You could modify it to become a gift bag with handles, create a card base by folding it in half (complete with a slide out tag), add a window to it or whatever else you can dream up. After the hop is through, we should all have plenty of inspiration to help us create amazing projects with inexpensive brown bags! "

Every year my mom and I put together Fall gift baskets for friends and family. After seeing Papertrey Ink's new fall stamps this month, I knew they would be perfect to make some fall packaging for our baskets.




I used my Papertrey Ink Leaf Prints dies to cut a leaf shape from my brown bag and filled the window with a stamped and embossed leaf on Rustic Cream cardstock. I also cut several leaves for the notepad and tag and used the Leaf Prints stamp set and a red, yellow, orange, and brown inks to stamp variegated leaves.

Some Polka Dot Parade paper, Terracotta Tile paper, and sentiments from the Friendship Jar Fall Fillers stamp set complete my gift bag. The tag is made with the Bookmark die.








I bought a Zutter Bind-It-All recently and made the notepad out of a corrugated cardboard box and some cardstock. I thought the notepad and a couple of Yankee candle votives would fit perfectly in my gift bag.

Click here to enjoy the rest of the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop!



Photobucket

30 comments:

Karen C. said...

I love the fall colours and the use of the leaves and dies on your projects. Great Job!

Diane Jaquay said...

Love these beautiful fall projects!!

Sue Ann said...

Great project ..... I love the cardboard..... fantastic!!!

Julie said...

Great bag, and love that notebook!

BethieJ said...

What a BEAUTIFUL set!!! Love the fall colors you used!
Have a GREAT day.. Happy Hopping!

Laura Isham said...

totally loving the coordinating projects!

Terri E. said...

Such fun ideas!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Anika said...

This is really cute!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

great project! clever used of the cardboard!

Dee Rose said...

Love your projects! Very pretty!

Lisa said...

A super cute set! Love the addition of the corrugated cardboard!!!

Amy said...

Your fall leaves in the those multi colors are soo pretty!

peggysue said...

Nice use of dies and corrugated, that looks especially cool. Great job, happy hopping!

Kristii said...

Fantastic projects and I just love the texture on the cover of your cute little note pad!!!

Kelly S. said...

Love the texture you added with those beautiful fall leaves, so great!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

What a beautiful gift set to give away. I love the colors and can hardly wait for my Leaf Prints set to arrive.

Ally said...

Very pretty, love the corrugated look!

Janelle said...

The leaves on the notebook are spectacular!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful project! Love the multi-colored leaves!

Jen said...

Looks great, nice project

Kay said...

Beautiful projects and your colors are just yummy!

mamareebs said...

Corrugated cardboard! Who'd a thunk it but it looks great. Just might have to borrow that idea!

Christi said...

really love the notebook with the corrugated cover! beautiful gift bag

Jen Carter said...

These are so cute!! Great job!

Angy said...

beautiful and lovely fall colors - great idea for gift and packaging.

Linda said...

Fabulous work! I love the use of the corrugated box. (I'm going to add that to my inspiration file) The colors are wonderful. These will be well appreciated gifts. Thanks for sharing.

Terri said...

Great fall projects!

Paula Laird said...

Very cool! I love the texture on your notebook and the colors you used with your leaves!

Victoria said...

You did a beautiful job! I love the whole gift set. Your variegated inking really makes the leaves pop! Love how you re-purposed a corrugated box to make your note pad!

Theresa Tyree said...

What a great project that speaks "fall"!