Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Autumn!

The Handbook of Nature Study blog challenged families to get out and look for signs of autumn. Fall starts September 22nd at 10:09 pm (CST). I admit that I was skeptical. With temperatures still in the mid to upper 90’s I did not expect to see many of the signs the blog mentioned.

We headed out with a camera and the list featured on Handbook of Nature Study blog. We found:

Leaves changing color and falling from the trees


















Birds eating at the feeder


 


Acorns




Beautiful clouds and a nice breeze




Lots of animal and insect tracks



Beauty Berry



 

A Frisky Fireflame!

The temperatures are definitely cooling off and we had a nice afternoon rain today. Fall is coming!




Photobucket

3 comments:

Barb-Harmony Art Mom said...

I am so glad you gave this a try even though you thought there might not be any signs of autumn. I really like your birdfeeder...we are looking to purchase a new one for the coming season since the one we had fell down when a squirrel sat on the perch and came apart at the seams.

I think your family did a great job of finding some signs of autumn in your area. Thanks for sharing your entry.

Phyllis said...

What a very cool fall nature study! What fun.

pebblekeeper said...

Glad to have you on the Handbook of Nature roll! I'm popping over from the new Yahoo Group - but I am really active on HNS. :)

I'll put you in my reader so I don't miss your posts!