Friday, October 29, 2010

Fit Mommy Friday 10 Week Challenge Week 1

Accountability. That is what this is all about. So here I am sharing what I did (and did not do) towards my weekly goal.

I did walk 2 miles on Thursday and I am headed to exercise with my Personal Trainer this morning. But I missed my Tuesday walk and did not do even 10 extra minutes of exercise. I knew I needed to, but I didn't push myself to do it. No excuse - I just didn't do it.

During our Thursday walk my friend and I decided to bring handweights next week and add some muscle building to the end of our walk. We will also be announcing the walking times on our homeschool group board to invite others to walk and exercise with us. (A little more accountability!)

How was your week? Did you make an effort to be a Fit Mommy? I'm headed to Got Chai to see how the other Fit Mommy participants did. Maybe someone else needs a bit of encouragement or a pat on the back!


Photobucket

6 comments:

maria said...

Yes, accountability is really what this is all about.

We are able to be honest with others, because in way, it is the best way that we know we are succeeding.

M.

Our Homeschool Reviews said...

Good start on the challenge, and I'm jealous you have a personal trainer!!!

~ Denise ~ said...

I have a feeling your training session will more than make up for any missed exercise this week! LOL ;-) Great idea incorporating handweights with your walking. I think you're off to a pretty good start! See you next week! :)

Michelle Smith said...

I had a couple of off days this week, too. But just keep on going, every week. Allow yourself an off day here and there, and pretty soon you'll find that all the good days will make up for any less-than-perfect ones!

Debra said...

Adding weights to the walk sounds great... I just need to get more consistent at adding walking to my walks, LOL!

Pink Slippers said...

Week one, check! Not a bad week, but I will be watching to see if you gave yourself that little extra push next week! Sounds wonderful to have a personal trainer....I am not apart of a gym, so I am my own PT. I am not very bossy with me either. :)