Thursday, December 30, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like...Winter???

As long as I have lived in this part of Texas, I should have learned not to expect snow in December. Unfortunately, my hopes were raised when we saw some actual snow flurries on Christmas Eve 2009. Still, realistically, I know we won't have snow in December. But days like this just completely dash my hopes for snow!


Today was gorgeous…that is - gorgeous if it were a sunny spring day…but it isn't, it is WINTER!!! These pictures were taken today (Thursday, December 30th).




I suppose you notice that no one has a coat on? No gloves or hats either. Oh, and if you could hear their little voices, you would know that they are asking me if we can turn the water hose on and make a mud puddle to play in. I don't really think it is quite that warm, but when you are six and four I suppose mud sounds good in any weather.





The first day of winter dawned a lovely 65 degrees and later warmed to 83 degrees. Today was in the mid 70's and tomorrow is supposed to be warm as well. (OK, I admit -  we had some cold days in between - but I am not really in the mood to think about those right now!)  One of these days maybe I will accept the lack of snow and cold in an East Texas winter, but it may be another (almost) forty years before that happens.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Christi said...

I'm so grateful to see that someones yard looks similar to mine. My kids are constantly digging in ours! I don't think I could live somewhere that didn't have actual seasons, I love winter; on the other hand my husband is ready to move wherever you are! LOL.

Lisa said...

The looked like they had fun! After living in WNY for the first 21 years of my life, I do not miss the snow and cold one bit. The children however do think they are missing out especially ar Christmas. We have been especially warm too (70's) for the last couple of days and I have had a couple of kids with no shoes and shorts on. Happy New Year!

Deb said...

I love the pic of MT lounging in his dirt bath!