Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Vacation of Work!

I have been so neglectful of my blog lately. I can't promise to be better about posting yet, but thought I'd at least let you know what we've been up to!

As you may or may not know, we built our home. I should probably phrase that differently...We are building our home. It is a work in progress. We began the structure when we had two children and built it with that in mind. by the time it was complete enough to move in - FRitW was on the way.

Long story short - FRitW's 'nursery' had to be our intended closet and our intended master bathroom became our closet. Temporarily -  or so we thought. Fast forward through 6 years ---- another baby, closet remains a bedroom for 5+ years while we build an addition - Kids finally move into new rooms,  --- to last week when we finally get started on our 'Master' bathroom.

Dad's vacation has been put to good use. We aren't done yet. I hope we will be by Christmas, but here are some pictures so far:



I only got one picture of Kirk doing demolition. He was done before I got back in the room!

Really bad photo - but FRitW worked so hard to mop up the sheetrock dust I had to include the photo. He mopped, then I mopped, then MT mopped, then I got a brush and scrubbed on my hands and knees, then we gave up!



Next all of the nails had to be pulled out. Dad and I had lots and lots of help with each step. (Hmmm...wonder why it isn't finished yet?!)




Soon to be a shower!



More help...

Tiling the floor

Progress! The floor is complete (except for cleanup) and the walls are started.



Finished wall tiling.



One of our splurges! Glass and stone mosaic tile on the shower wall. So Pretty!!!!

No guarantees, but hopefully I'll be back with finished photos soon. I will be back later this week with a couple of reviews: Aleks Math on Wednesday and a beautiful book from Apologia on Friday. Have a wonderful week! 
Photobucket

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I understand what it is like to be in a constant state of constuction and with lots of little helpers! I love the shower tile!