Friday, April 15, 2011

Fit Mommy Friday - The Prodigal Daughter Returns



I am joining up with Fit Mommy Friday again. I have not participated at all for several weeks and just to be truthful, that is because I haven't had anything to report. I took a week completely off from exercise (in February I think?) and focused on resting and recovery from Dad's job changes and the changes they cause for me. And then, well, I just didn't return to the regular exercise.

I haven't been totally lazy, I've worked hard in my garden, worked out weekly with my trainer, and walked occasionally with my friend. We've also traveled (which always involves lots of exercise!) and done some Spring Cleaning. But for the last couple of weeks I have been reviewing Growing Healthy Homes (more on that Wednesday) and have seen some changes I really need to make in my families diet and my exercise. So I decided to just get up and do it. So here's my week:

Friday: Walked 2 miles
Saturday: Worked hours in the garden
Sunday: More garden work - just an hour though.
Monday: Wii Active & Fit Plus for 35 minutes
Tuesday: Hour with trainer, 30 min Wii Fit Plus
Wednesday: Garden work 1 hour plus, Wii Active - 25 min
Thursday: 20 min Wii Active

I am drinking more water and increasing my vegetable intake although yesterday was a pretty heavy coffee day -ugh! I'll just have to keep trying!

Thank you to Denise at Got Chai? for sponsoring Fit Mommy Friday (and for being honest about her struggles!) and a special thank you to Sister Tipster for keeping on and encouraging the rest of us to do the same - I appreciate it Sister T!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Briana said...

Hey, you're back! I'm just kidding. I've felt like dropping out since I haven't been able to do much but I kept reporting anyway.

You had an awesome week!

SisterTipster said...

Welcome BACK, Lorus~ GLAD you are getting a garden going~us too! Sometimes the seasons of life change and getting here isn't as big~But glad you are here now ;-))

Annie Kate said...

Wow, you're back with a vengeance! Great job! Gardening is such wonderful exercise, isn't it? Too bad winter interrupts it! LOL

Annie Kate