Sunday, April 3, 2011

Perse Anality Project - Month One



I decided to join a monthly project club this year. I found a fun one available through a quilt shop, not too far from here. Stitchin' Heaven in Quitman, TX is offering Perse Anality's Tote Club for 2011. The perse designs are created by Cara Quilts. I began in February and received a bright pink, purple, and paisley purse to produce (say that 3 times fast! ~grin~) I always wash my fabric first and when I did, I managed to lose my instructions. Hmmm... now what?








Well, it finally occurred to me that the sweet ladies at Stitchin' Heaven might be able to help me - and I was absolutely correct. A super fast email response from Niki got be right back on track. So, with emailed instructions (saved to my hard drive in case I lose the print out again!)  I began this cute little purse.

The whole project took me about 2 hours and Maggie was thrilled with the results! I love the overall shape of the purse, but am not a real fan of pink and purple. Maggie however has been the Purple Princess as of late and even happened to be wearing hot pink and purple as she modeled the new purse.

I have March's Perse to get finished (hopefully before I receive the April pattern in the mail) so watch for another Perse Anality post soon!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Wonder Mom said...

I am so impressed! I wish, oh wish, I had a sewing machine and could, well, SEW!

Oh, and I believe that purse suits Miss Maggie just perfectly...