Friday, September 30, 2011

Close to my Heart Stamp of the Month Mini Blog Hop

Welcome to our Close To My Heart Stamp of the Month Blog Hop highlighing this month's stamp set, Holiday Magic.


We are thrilled to showcase some fun uses for this gorgeous stamp set!

This hop is one big circle so feel free to start here and move through the entire loop.  You can also find a complete listing of all 13 participants by visiting Melissa Robinson's blog.  If you have arrived here from Lisa Lawson's blog, you are on the right track!  So... let's get started!


My project this month is a calendar for December. I know many of my readers are homeschoolers and many of you have a calendar similar to this somewhere on your wall. I like having different shapes for our calendar days, so I used my Cricut to cut lots of stockings from the new Art Philosophy Cartridge from CTMH. The stamp set has two stocking stamps and two 'cuff' stamps. I mixed and matched the stockings and cuffs to make 31 stocking cards for our calendar.



To make the numbers stand out, I stamped them using the Polka Dot Alphabet stamp set from CTMH and embossed them with black embossing powder.  I also used my Cricut to cut out letters for 'December' and added an embossed tree from the stamp set. To the left of the calendar is a box I cut to hold the extra stockings.

Supplies:
Elemental Paper Pack
Colonial White Cardstock
Inks: Olive and Cranberry
Polka Dot Alphabet Stamp Set
Black Embossing Powder
SOTM: Holiday Magic

Thank you for taking the time to stop by. I would appreciate a comment or two, if you so feel led.  Now hop on over to Missy Kosena's blog where you will find another inspirational use of this stamp set!

Happy hoppin'!


Photobucket

1 comment:

Briana said...

Cute! I want to make(or buy) an Advent calendar of some type that we can reuse each year. I'm just not good with paper crafts. If I start early enough maybe I can sew something. Thanks for getting my thoughts going!