Wednesday, September 7, 2011

"It Feels Like Winter!"

It is 55 degrees this morning! I cannot begin to tell you just how excited we are! FRitW and MT were 'freezing' and raced back inside to find sweatshirts and pants.
As he came in the house for breakfast, I overheard FRitW say, "It feels like winter!" and it does.

Apparently his feet aren't cold...


I think our record hot summer is finally coming to an end. High temperatures have been in the mid 80's to low 90's the last few days. Since that has been our low temperature for 2 months, I am feeling positively chilled! The temperature shift has been sudden but truly welcome.



MT's sweatshirt still has Junior Ranger badges from Carlsbad Caverns and Mesa Verde


Our record hot summer results:
From June 1 to August 31, a total of 92 days - 73 of those days had temperatures above 100 degrees The 19 that didn't had temperatures in the high 90's.
27 days had temperatures over 105 degrees.
A local meteorologist measured the ground/soil temperature on the morning of September 1st: 118 degrees
Overnight lows have been between 85 and 88 since early July.

Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Briana said...

Wow! That was a killer summer! It was only 70 here today and the children were whining that it was too cold to go outside and play! I used to freeze my hiney when it got down to 72 in southern California where I grew up.

Lisa said...

We have had a killer summer! The 30 degree temp drop overnight (100-70)highs had me scrambling to dig out some winter clothes. Today we also had some water falling from the sky...I think they still call it rain.