Thursday, September 1, 2011

September Stamp of the Month Mini Blog Hop

Welcome to our inspirational blog hop, where we are sharing creative ideas with you showcasing this month's Stamp of the Month from Close to My Heart. The Stamp of the Month is called "Limited Edition". It has 21 images and is available for just $5 with a $50 purchase!

I have some wonderful fellow Consultants joining me in this hop, which works as a circle. So, begin 'hopping' and feel free to leave comments along the way!

If you arrived here from Cherri's blog, you are on the right track.

Once again this month I did a scrapbook layout. I used the Level 2 Typeset paper pack to showcase the "Limited Edition" stamp set.

My layout is based on "Unified Whole" on page 68-69 of CTMH's Cherish scrapbook book. I trimmed around the dinosaur's head so it overlaps the frame. The Juniper colored B&T papers in the Typeset paper pack were perfect with the greens in my dinosaur photos. (Click on the photos to see a larger version)


Below you will see my absolute favorite stamp in this set: the tiny words - what, where, and date (the set also includes who and when). I used them on the library card image (also from the stamp set) to record the details on my accordion fold photo book. After filling in the what, where, and when I second generation stamped the word 'recorded' in Cranberry ink. I thought it looked like a file from an office - once the info was entered into a database, the secretary might have stamped it 'recorded'. (A little silly, huh? - but it made me smile!). The closure is a canvas badge button stamped with the clock image from 'Limited Edition'.



Below you can see my accordion fold photo book open. There are also pictures on the back. The idea is based on a layout in CTMH's Magic book (page 118-119.) The Magic book makes it simple to add fun elements and extra room for lots of photos to a basic 2 page layout like the Cherish layout I used.




To make my journaling tag, I used the tag stamp and the library card stamp again. A little black floss and a Juniper button finished the tag, which slides out of the pocket so you can read a few details about our trip. I also used the little corner detail from 'Limited Edition' over and over on my layout. I don't know that robotic dinosaurs are an elegant photo subject, but the little scrolly corner gave my page an elegance I really like!




Supply list:
Level 2 Typeset Paper Pack
Vanilla Cream Cardstock
Cherish Idea book
Magic Idea book
Limited Edition Stamp of the Month (September)
Exclusive Inks Stamp Pads: Juniper, Black, Cranberry, Vanilla Cream
Canvas Badge Buttons
Colonial White Waxy Flax
Green Button Assortment
Embroidery Floss - Neutral Assortment

Thank you for stopping by! The next stop on the blog hop is Sheila's blog. Enjoy her creative use of this stamp set!


Photobucket

3 comments:

Tawnya said...

So cool how you used the canvas buttons too! I love those! I love the journaling cards too!! :0)

Marianne said...

I love how you used this stamp set for journaling on your scrapbook layout! Love it!

Briana said...

What a fun scrapbook page! Those dinos are so lifelike. The pic with your daughter reminds me of Jurassic Park!